CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Open Sea


This was the first card I made from the new summer mini catalog.  The summer mini goes from May 1 - August 31, there are some really cute items in the catalog.  Be sure to check it out. 


My card base is Night of navy, on top of that vanilla confetti cardstock stamped and sponged using night of navy and the Open Sea stamp set.  My scallop was made using the Scallop Squares Duo die also out of the new mini and the ship is also in the Open Sea stamp set.  I researched nautical knots and came up with this one, I think it was called a figure 8 but can't remember for sure.

My friend Emma inspired me to make this card after she showed off a card simular that she made.  Her card showcased a techinque from splitcoast stampers to make her scallop.  She has all the details on her blog.  She is one great girl whom I love and she makes some wonderful projects too.  Thank you Emma for being and inspiration to me.

No comments: