CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cardmaking and Swaps

My first card is one I planned on using last year for my Christmas cards and then I never got them finished so we used it for our cardmaking in December.  All of these cards were used however I did not create all of them. I got several of them as swaps from a great group of girls.  The first card has lovely lilac and eggplant cardstock.  I used versamark and embossing powder for the snow flakes.  The little saying is up on dimensionals.

This is a great card I showcased from the holiday mini.  I orginally had to figure out how to make this card for a girl I work with.  She wanted to make them for her Christmas cards, so I decided I would go ahead and use them for my cardmaking girls.  It was a fun and cute card.  My sample ended up with red ink on the left  corner, that is NOT suppose to be part of the card.  I embossed the bashful blue paper, used crumb cake for the tag - the tag is up on dimensonals.  There is certainly celery scalloped at the bottom of the tag w/sticky strip and chunky glitter on it. The saying is in real red, and the snowman was stamped in chocolate chip and then colored in w/markers, then put on dimensionals.  I attached a button and linen thread like the book had.  The stamp set used was Jolly Old Saint Nick.

This card I recieved from Lisa, and loved it because it was so easy to make.  It uses several different punches.  And the stamping was very little.  She used So Saffron, Soft Suede, Night of Navy, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, and Cajun Craze cardstock.  The saying is from Thank You Kindly and stamped in soft suede.

Another great card from Lou Ann, she used Soft Suede, Old Olive, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla and Deck the halls DSP.  The stamp set is Paisley Prints stamped in old olive and the saying is from Thank You Kindly in Early Expresso.  She used hemp twine and put some bead on it. The embossing in the back is using the Perfect Details texturz Plates.
Another from Sandy, that I used for my class also.  She used Marina Mist and Crumb Cake.  She stamped the Serene snowflakes using Marina Mist and Crumb Cake.  The saying is stamped in Night of Navy.  She punched out a snowflake, added a pearl and spritzed the whole thing with shimmer paint.








Also a card a I recieved from Laura, and used for class.  The papers are Crumb Cake, Early Expresso, and Autumn Spice DSP.  She used the Bright Blessings wheel for the bottom and the Paisley Prints for the leaves.  Added a jumbo brad and some ribbon to make it just so cute. 
And finally the last card for this post, I also recieved from Jayne.  She used Early Expresso, Cajun Craze, Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, and Very Vanilla cardstock.  The leave is Paisley Print using the baby wipe techinique and then put up on dimensionals.  The smaller squares are rolled using the Paisley Party wheel and versa mark.  All great cards from wonderful ladies.  Thank you for letting me be a part of your awesome swap group.

No comments: